Saturday, April 2, 2011

How about a Health Food Store?


So, I'll admit prior to a couple of days ago, I would have most likely never walked into a health food store. With a hoarse voice and a mother who watches Dr. Oz every morning, I was prompted to find a local health food store to purchase some Slippery Elm. What? Bark? Well, apparently Slippery Elm is a demulcent, meaning it is a soothing agent that relieves minor pain and inflammation. Anyway, back to the main purpose of this blog - my search for some healing herbs led me to Nature's Pantry.

Located close to the Nittany Mall, Nature's Pantry was quite an interesting find. From the moment you walk in, you are almost overwhelmed with the amount of different kinds of products you definitely do not see every day. Quickly greeted by the friendly, extremely knowledgeable owner, she helped me with all of my questions. Then began my adventure around the store.

Nature's Pantry carries an extensive collection of:
(Selection of beans, trail mixes, chocolates)
  • Natural/organic groceries (including wheat- and gluten-free)
  • Vitamins, minerals, herbs
  • Beauty aids/cosmetics and essential oils
  • Stress relief
  • Teas and homeopathic remedies
  • Natural pet items

And when I say I adventured around the store, I mean it! I could have spent hours looking at all of the intriguing fresh grown herbs, different trail mixes, lotions, etc. 

If you are ever looking for a health food store or just a place to find some engrossing, new natural products, I suggest Nature's Pantry. FYI - you get a 5-10% discount when paying with cash or check.



And, in case your wondering, yes, I got my Slippery Elm...


Rating: 5/5 (Enjoyable and good for you, too!)

Store Info:
Nature's Pantry
2331 Commercial Blvd
State College, PA 16801

Hours:
Monday 10 am - 6pm
Tuesday 10 am - 8pm
Wednesday 10 am - 6 pm
Thursday 10 am - 8 pm
Friday 10 am - 6 pm
Saturday 10 am - 5pm
Sunday CLOSED

3 comments:

  1. This is actually their second location! They used to be located next to the billiards shop by Hickeys. They needed to expand, so the moved to the mall location, it is nice to know that family run natural food stores still have a chance when competing with stores like WHOLE FOODS and Trader Joe's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jen! Just found your blog when googling Nature's Pantry! I'm a fellow Penn Stater and blogger as well, and I am a HUGE locavore so I appreciate what you're doin' here.

    Hopefully I'll get to stop by this place soon.

    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you made it to Nature's Pantry! Isn't it just a wonderful place? What I really liked were the decorations around the store - it could be a museum of state college. I am also a big tea drinker and was impressed with their selection.

    ReplyDelete